Fresh Fusilloni (one serving, approx. 0.33lbs)
A large version of fusilli, this corkscrew shaped pasta will hold both creamy and chunky sauces very well. Here is an idea for a light and super flavorful meal. Enjoy!
- 1 lb fresh fusilloni
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- 1 cup diced red onions
- 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 can whole peeled Italian tomatoes
- ½ cup of chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup diced roasted red peppers
- 1 cup diced roasted yellow peppers
- ½ tbsp chopped oregano
- ½ tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- pinch of cayenne
- Pre-heat a sauce pan over medium high heat.
- Add the oil and then the onions, cook until tender.
- Add the garlic and cook until aromatic and it begins to color.
- Add the white wine and continue cooking until the mixture reduces by ¾.
- Add the tomatoes and the stock; bring to a simmer. Simmer gently for 30 minutes.
- Add the red and yellow peppers, salt and pepper, simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning, add the oregano and parsley.
- Cook the fresh fusilloni (approx. 3.5 minutes in boiling water), strain and add right to the sauce, stirring well to get all those vegetables nicely tossed with the pasta.